社交英語16. 你的機會來了

作者:admin

來源:

2008-10-20 16:42

社交英語16. 你的機會來了

00:00

16. 你的機會來了

Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.
唐: 那位小姐要我謝謝你呢,赫伯特。
Herbert: So?
赫伯特: 所以咧?
Don: So, here's your 1) chance.
唐: 所以,你的機會來了。
Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.
赫伯特: 她只是客氣。她不想傷害我的感情。
Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.
唐: 她接受了你的飲料。那表示她邀你去跟她說話。
Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.
赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。
Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!
唐: 你別搞砸了,赫伯特。趕快過去吧!

語言詳解
A: Did you do the laundry yet?
你洗衣服了嗎?
B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.
還沒,我還沒找到機會。
【to hurt someone's feelings 傷(某人的)心,傷(某人的)感情】
讓人覺得難堪、悲傷、沮喪、自卑等負面的情緒,就是to hurt someone's feelings。
A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.
你那樣說傷了我的心。
B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.
對不起。你誤會我了。
【to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)屬于同一類】
若要表示“配不上” 、“不同屬一類” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以說to be out of someone's league.
A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.
你看那個新來的女生!她絕對是我要的型。
B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.
繼續做夢吧,她不是你配得上的。
1) chance (n.) 機會
2) polite (a.) 客氣的,禮貌的
3) invite (v.) 邀請
4) league (n.) 同一伙人,團體

热门棋牌代理有哪些 大富豪棋牌 天津时时彩开奖号码走势图 新疆18选7复式玩法 澳洲幸运8开奖查询 江西多乐彩彩乐乐 快乐赛车大作战破解版下载 跑得快棋牌规则 香港六合彩开奖 彩票论坛874848 徐闻做什么生意赚钱 大富豪棋牌 天津时时彩开奖号码走势图 新疆18选7复式玩法 澳洲幸运8开奖查询 江西多乐彩彩乐乐 快乐赛车大作战破解版下载 跑得快棋牌规则 香港六合彩开奖 彩票论坛874848 徐闻做什么生意赚钱